Try the following procedure on the remote control:
1. Remove batteries
2. Press the buttons repeatedly to ensure no buttons are stuck down.
3. Leave the remote control for a couple of minutes
4. Insert the batteries again and retry
If that fails, try cycling the power as follows:
5. Remove power feed to the receiver for 30 seconds
6. Plug it back to the receiver
7. Switch the receiver on
8. Try again.
1. Verify the signal coverage in your area on one of the available websites such as the one on Freeview’s own website: http://www.freeview.co.uk/availability
2. Most aerials are able to receive Freeview signals. However, some older aerials may not pick up all channels. If you are in any doubt please check with a competent aerial installer.
3. To properly receive the signal, we recommend you to use an outdoor roof top antenna.
4. If you are using a directional antenna, make sure it is pointing towards a digital TV transmitter and positioned correctly.
5. Check that the antenna cable is connected correctly and verify the status of cables and plugs to make sure none of them is bent/damaged. If you have the possibility, try to connect the receiver to another antenna socket (then rescan channels).
6. Make sure that the broadcasting frequency has not been changed by retuning the decoder again as described in the instructions which came with the set-top box.
1. Check the connectors between you decoder and the TV set (or Stereo)
2. Press the Mute button on STB RCU and TV to make sure the sound is not switched off
3. Press Vol+ on TV/HomeTheater and STB to make sure the volume level is properly set
4. Try to unplug the power cable of the decoder
5. Try to restore default settings: Menu> Installation> Factory Settings> Yes [default PIN: 1234]
The i-CAN Easy HD doesn’t have a hard drive. By connecting the i-CAN Easy HD to your broadband internet, you can catch-up on TV shows you have missed using the BBC iPlayer service.At this point, the USB port is only used for software upgrade.
The i-CAN Easy HD comes with a universal remote that you can program to take over your TV remote. You can find the codes to program your remote control clicking on the below link:
full electronic user manual
The remote control is provided as a convenience, you may of course continue to use your TV remote control as before.
Yes, you can connect to a spare HDMI socket.
Yes, i-CAN Easy HD will work with your HD ready TV to provide your access to FREEVIEW HD channels. Please check your postcode on the FREEVIEW web site to ensure you will be able to receive HD channels in your area.
The i-CAN Easy HD supports internet directly via a standard Ethernet cable. You may also use any standard equipment that converts Ethernet into wireless Ethernet (for example a wireless gaming adapter, or a pair of powerline adapters). You can purchase this equipment in most stores which sell computers.You need a standard optical SPDIF cable. You do not need one of the long optical adapters sometimes used in personal electronics.
No, the i-CAN Easy HD is only designed for terrestrial services, such as Freeview HD.
You have two ways to turn subtitles ON/OFF:
ONLY FOR THE CHANNEL YOU ARE CURRENTLY WATCHING:
Press the OPTIONS button, select SUBTITLES and indicate your preference using the righ/left arrow buttons, then press the OK button.
FOR ALL CHANNELS:
Press the MENU button and select PREFERENCES > LANGUAGE OPTIONS > SUBTITLES and indicate your preference using the righ/left arrow buttons, then press the EXIT button.