1. Verify the signal coverage in your area on one of the available websites such as the one on Freeview’s own website: http://www.freeview.co.uk/availability
2. Most aerials are able to receive Freeview signals. However, some older aerials may not pick up all channels. If you are in any doubt please check with a competent aerial installer.
3. To properly receive the signal, we recommend you to use an outdoor roof top antenna.
4. If you are using a directional antenna, make sure it is pointing towards a digital TV transmitter and positioned correctly.
5. Check that the antenna cable is connected correctly and verify the status of cables and plugs to make sure none of them is bent/damaged. If you have the possibility, try to connect the receiver to another antenna socket (then rescan channels).
6. Make sure that the broadcasting frequency has not been changed by retuning the decoder again as described in the instructions which came with the set-top box.